Re: [HACKERS] SOS, help me please, one problem towards the postgresql developement on windows

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: [HACKERS] SOS, help me please, one problem towards the postgresql developement on windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
[removing -hackers, as this question really doesn't seem to belong there]

shieldy wrote:
> thankyou very much.
> but the method, you said, is adding a alias name, so it can not work.
> and as i need to add many functions likes this, so the best way is to
> compile the whole postgresql. eventhough, i did, it didnot work, so i
> am puzzled, can add a function directly in the source file, and
> compile it, can it work??
> BTW: I have just seach the source for addingthe built-in function, and
> found it need to add declaration in the include geo_decls.h, and add
> the function in the geo_ops.c. can it not be enough??

Why on earth are you not just creating your functions as a loadable C
module? Unless you are doing something strange there seems little need
for you to be taking the approach you are taking. The contrib directory
has some examples of how to do this. PostgreSQL is designed to be
extensible, but you are apparently ignoring the extensibility features.

cheers

andrew