Re: Windows support - PostgreSQL 8.0 and 8.1

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Windows support - PostgreSQL 8.0 and 8.1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Dave Page wrote:
>>
>> * The stats collector bug which prevented stats being collected
>> reliably, thus causing all the expected knock on effects (including
>> near-total failure of autovacuum). The 8.2 fix for this was dependent
>> on the redesign of the collector to remove the separate stats buffering
>> process.
>>
>> * Semaphore issues, fixed by the native implementation in 8.2.
>>

> I think these two justify declaring the Windows port at EOL prior to
> 8.2. The others probably not so much. (Who cares if pg_regress is not a
> C program? Who besides developers uses it?)

Yeah, a couple of those items were ones that might make backporting
fixes more difficult rather than issues in their own right. That one's
unlikely to be an issue though, I agree.

> I hope this will be a one-off exercise, though. In general we should
> declare releases to be at EOL, not ports.

Yes, that is absolutely the intention.

Regards, Dave

Сообщение: Re: Hi, I wanto joinin the developer group of postgresql
Сообщение: Re: Hi, I wanto joinin the developer group of postgresql