Re: Simple query, 10 million records...MySQL ten times faster

Список
Период
Сортировка
От Benjamin Minshall
Тема Re: Simple query, 10 million records...MySQL ten times faster
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Дерево обсуждения
Simple query, 10 million records...MySQL ten times faster  (zardozrocks, )
 Re: Simple query, 10 million records...MySQL ten times faster  ("Merlin Moncure", )
 Re: Simple query, 10 million records...MySQL ten times faster  (Bill Moran, )
 Re: Simple query, 10 million records...MySQL ten times faster  (Benjamin Minshall, )
 Re: Simple query, 10 million records...MySQL ten times faster  (Scott Marlowe, )
  Re: Simple query, 10 million records...MySQL ten times faster  (Oleg Bartunov, )
 Re: Simple query, 10 million records...MySQL ten times faster  (Jeff Hoffmann, )
 Re: Simple query, 10 million records...MySQL ten times faster  ("Alexander Staubo", )
zardozrocks wrote:
>     lat_radians numeric(6,5) DEFAULT 0.00000 NOT NULL,
>     long_radians numeric(6,5) DEFAULT 0.00000 NOT NULL

Native data types such as integer or real are much faster than numeric.
  If you need 6 digits, it's better to multiply your coordinates by 10^6
and store as INTEGER.

> On my development server (dual proc/dual core Opteron 2.8 Ghz with 4GB
> ram) this query averages 1.5 seconds each time it runs after a brief
> warmup period.  In PostGreSQL it averages about 15 seconds.

What hard drive(s) and controller(s) do you have?  Please post EXPLAIN
ANALYZE output of the problem query and your postgresql.conf also.

--
Benjamin Minshall <>
Senior Developer -- Intellicon, Inc.

Вложения