Re: Regarding redo/undo files.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Regarding redo/undo files.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 05:53:02AM +0100, Mamta Singh wrote:
>> I went thru the site
>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/wal-benefits-later.html

> I see that most of this document is obsolete.

Yeah, I was planning to remove that section or at least edit it
severely...

> I'm pretty sure there's people that don't want UNDO to be implemented.

I think the general consensus is that it doesn't offer us anything we
need, and the downsides are significant.  (Oracle DBAs are well aware
of the hazards of having to rely on the transaction log for UNDO ---
it does not play well at all with long-running transactions.)