Re: Hacking on PostgreSQL via GIT

От Florian G. Pflug
Тема Re: Hacking on PostgreSQL via GIT
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Martin Langhoff wrote:
> Aidan Van Dyk wrote:
>> And remember the warning I gave that my conversion is *not* a direct CVS
>> import - I intentionally *unexpand* all Keywords before stuffing them
>> into GIT so that merging and branching can ignore all the Keyword
>> conflicts...
>
> My import is unexpanding those as well to support rebasing and merging
> better.
>
> So - if you are committed to providing your gateway long term to
> Florian, I'm happy to drop my gateway in favour of yours.

There seem to be other people than me who are interested in a git
mirror. Maybe we could declare one of those mirrors the
"official" one - I guess things would be easier if all people
interested in using git would use the same mirror...

What do you guys think?

> (Florian, before basing your code on either you should get a checkout of
> Aidan's and mine and check that the tips of the branches you are working
> on match the cvs branches -- the cvsimport code is good but whereever
> CVS is involved, there's a lot of interpretation at play, a sanity check
> is always good).
I actually hoped that I could just take my current git repo, and rebase
my branch onto one of those two repos - or does rebase only work from
an ancestor to a descendant?

greetings, Florian Pflug

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: utf8 COPY DELIMITER?
От: Robert Treat
Сообщение: Re: Autovacuum vs statement_timeout