Re: [RFC] PostgreSQL Access Control Extension (PGACE)

От KaiGai Kohei
Тема Re: [RFC] PostgreSQL Access Control Extension (PGACE)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> For people who are already using SELinux or Trusted Solaris, making the
>> database dependent on that infrastructure might be seen as a plus, but
>> I'm not sure the rest of the world would be pleased.
>
> Even where SELinux is available it has had mixed reviews - I habitually
> disable it.

The relationship between your works and SE-PostgreSQL effort is similar
to the relationship between UNIX-DAC/Posix-ACL and SELinux on operating
systems.

I believe those are not conflicted efforts.

Thanks,
--
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp>