Re: pgsql: Improve error reporting for DROP FUNCTION/PROCEDURE/AGGREGATE/RO

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Improve error reporting for DROP FUNCTION/PROCEDURE/AGGREGATE/RO
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On Sat, 23 Mar 2019 at 15:33, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>> I now get:
>> /home/andres/src/postgresql/src/backend/parser/parse_func.c:2285:5: warning: this statement may fall through
[-Wimplicit-fallthrough=]

> hmm. Surprised your compiler can't see that's not possible. I guess we
> just need a break on line 2335.

Yeah, this no doubt is connected to what I noticed in commit 41c912cad:

    Testing with gcc 8.0.1 (Fedora 28's current version), I found that
    I also had to put explicit "break"s after elog(ERROR) or ereport(ERROR);
    apparently, for this purpose gcc doesn't recognize that those don't
    return.  That seems like possibly a gcc bug, but it's fine because
    in most places we did that anyway; so this amounts to a visit from the
    style police.

Will add the break shortly.