Re: Problem of capital case-insensitive letter with accent

От lan ping
Тема Re: Problem of capital case-insensitive letter with accent
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Yes. I'm sure that we are using LATIN1 on both. ServerA works, but ServerB not. We changed the local of ServerA(as it is a testing server) the same as ServerB, but ServerA still works. Quite strange.

Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello

> Are you sure you're using LATIN1 on both?
>
> js=# \l
> List of databases
> Name | Owner | Encoding
> -----------+----------+----------
> js | cww | UTF8
> test | cww | LATIN1
> [ ...snip... ]
>
> js=# SELECT lower('ÉÈ');
> lower
> -------
> éè
> (1 row)
>
> js=# \c test
> You are now connected to database "test".
> test=# SELECT lower('ÉÈ');
> lower
> -------
> ÉÈ
> (1 row)
>
> It seems the UTF8 database performs lower() correctly, but the LATIN1
> database does not.
>
> Colin

when database uses different encoding, than is specified in cluster's
initialization, then lower, upper doesn't work.

Pavel

match

Instant message from any web browser! Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger for the Web BETA