Re: Benchmarking tools for the Postgres, EDB and Oracle Database

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Benchmarking tools for the Postgres, EDB and Oracle Database
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jonah H. Harris wrote:
> On 4/12/07, Ranjan Sahoo <ranjan_edb@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>    I am working on a project for testing the performance of Oracle,
>> EDB, and
>> postgres and looking for a OLTP benchmarking tool which can do the
>> benchmarking on all these databases. Can anyone please help me on this?
>
> To test all three, you'd have to use one of the following:
>
> - BenchmarkSQL (http://pgfoundry.org/projects/benchmarksql/)
> - OpenLink's ODBCBench or JBench (www.openlinksw.com)
> - JDBCBench (http://developer.mimer.com/features/feature_16.htm)
> - jTPCC (http://jtpcc.sourceforge.net/)
>
> Just to make sure you know, both Oracle and EnterpriseDB restrict
> public disclosure of benchmark results.

You are kidding right? EDB wouldn't be so arrogant as to state that they
are faster than PostgreSQL and then not allow public testing of such as
argument?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/