Re: Slow Postgresql server

От Dennis Bjorklund
Тема Re: Slow Postgresql server
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Jason Lustig skrev:
> and work_mem to 8096. What would cause the computer to only use such a
> small percentage of the CPU, with more than half of it waiting on I/O
> requests?

Do your webpages write things to the database on each connect?

Maybe it do a bunch of writes each individually commited? For every
commit pg will wait for the data to be written down to the disk platter
before it move on. So if you do several writes you want to do them in
one transaction so you only need one commit.

/Dennis