Re: [despammed] Connection problems with "psql -h localhost postgres"

От Wayne Pierce
Тема Re: [despammed] Connection problems with "psql -h localhost postgres"
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On 5/2/05, Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer@despammed.com> wrote:
> am  02.05.2005, um  9:03:50 -0400 mailte Wayne Pierce folgendes:
> > I have PostgreSQL setup and everything is working fine when I use
> > "psql -d <dbName>" on the command line or when I use mod_python to
> > connect.  However I when I use "psql -h localhost <dbName> postgres" I
> > get the following error:
> >
> > psql: could not connect to server: Connection refused
> >         Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting
> >         TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
> >
> > I have the following lines in my pg_ident.conf and pg_hba.conf files:
>
> PG does not listen on TCP.
>
> Set in /etc/postgresql/postgresql.conf
>
> tcpip_socket = true

I did have that setting.  After restarting the server I typed "ps
-deaf | grep postgres" and the -i option was not showing up for the
postmaster startup command.  I couldn't figure out why so I added '-i'
to the line in /etc/init.d/postgresql and that part now works.

Thank you for the response,

Wayne