Re: Auto Partitioning

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Auto Partitioning
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Zeugswetter Andreas ADI SD wrote:
>>> (But that sounds rather like pie in the sky, actually.  Which other
>>> databases can do that, and how do they do it?)
>> Oracle does it, by building a big index. Few people use it.
>
> And others allow a different partitioning strategy for each index,
> but that has the same problem of how to remove partitions without
> a huge amount of index reorganization.

If you removed a partition, couldn't the index be cleaned up by VACUUM?

Joshua D. Drake

Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/

От: Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Сообщение: Re: What X86/X64 OS's do we need coverage for?
От: Larry Rosenman
Сообщение: Re: What X86/X64 OS's do we need coverage for?