Re: Option 'xactisolevel' is not recognized (???)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Option 'xactisolevel' is not recognized (???)
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Dave Stewart <dstewart@aquaflo.com> writes:
> Both EOModeler AND Postgresql claim "Option xactisolevel is not
> recognized". No duh ... what in the flaming pits of hades is that?

Hm.  XactIsoLevel is the internal variable that's set by the
SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL command.  I think it used to be
possible to set it using its internal name (goes off and experiments
... yes, that seems to work in releases before 7.3).

What you've got there is an app or client library that uses the
unportable, undocumented, and now unsupported syntax "set XactIsoLevel
to something" instead of the SQL-spec syntax "set transaction isolation
level something".  Time to fix it...