Re: Query with "ILIKE ALL" does not use the index

От: Matthew Hall
Тема: Re: Query with "ILIKE ALL" does not use the index
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Query with "ILIKE ALL" does not use the index  (Nicolas Even, )
 Re: Query with "ILIKE ALL" does not use the index  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: Query with "ILIKE ALL" does not use the index  (Matthew Hall, )
   Re: Query with "ILIKE ALL" does not use the index  (Nicolas Even, )

On Jul 26, 2018, at 9:44 AM, Tom Lane <> wrote:

> Nicolas Even <> writes:
>> However when I run the same (as far as I understand it) query but with
>> the ALL operator, the index is not used:
>> explain analyze select name from totoz where name ilike all(array['%tot%']);
>
> There's only index support for "op ANY (array)", not "op ALL (array)".
>
>             regards, tom lane

Nicolas,

Could you work around the limitation with a two-clause WHERE?

First clause ANY, second clause ALL.

I've done some similar tricks on similar sorts of queries.

Matthew.