Re: Bulkloading using COPY - ignore duplicates?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Bulkloading using COPY - ignore duplicates?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Mikheev, Vadim" <vmikheev@SECTORBASE.COM> writes:
>> The effects don't stop propagating there, either. The decision
>> not to insert the tuple must be reported up still further, so
>> that the executor knows not to run any AFTER INSERT/UPDATE
>> triggers and knows not to count the tuple as inserted/updated
>> for the command completion report.

> But what about BEFORE insert/update triggers which could insert
> records too?

Well, what about them?  It's already possible for a later BEFORE trigger
to cause the actual insertion to be suppressed, so I don't see any
difference from what we have now.  If a BEFORE trigger takes actions
on the assumption that the insert will happen, it's busted already.

Mind you, I'm not actually advocating that we do any of this ;-).
I was just sketching a possible implementation approach in case someone
wants to try it.