Re: execute block like Firebird does

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: execute block like Firebird does
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 02/12/2018 08:57 AM, PegoraroF10 wrote:
> I know I need to think a different approach of what execute blocks does on
> Firebird.
> What I was trying to was just let them the way they were wrote, because
> their results are correct and with more time replace them to a new way.

That may not be necessary. As someone mentioned upstream you maybe able
to replace the EXECUTE BLOCK with CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION and then do
some clean up/additions to the enclosed code. To be more certain about
this we would need to see a complete example of one of EXECUTE BLOCKs.
If that is possible for security reasons, then a made example that does
the same thing.

> But, if that way cannot be used, I´ll probably write some hundred of
> functions right now and use them, because this way works for sure. And then,
> with more time to spend, I´ll replace them one by one.

Why? Once you create the functions and they do the task what is the
purpose of replicating them and more to the point how would you?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com