Re: help tuning queries on large database

От Harry Jackson
Тема Re: help tuning queries on large database
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 1/9/06, Kelly Burkhart <kelly.burkhart@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/8/06, Ron <rjpeace@earthlink.net> wrote:
> > <snip>
> > Among the other tricks having lots of RAM allows:
> > If some of your tables are Read Only or VERY rarely written to, you
> > can preload them at boot time and make them RAM resident using the
> > /etc/tmpfs trick.
>
>  What is the /etc/tmpfs trick?

I think he means you can create a directory that mounts and area of
RAM. If you put the tables on it then it will be very fast. I would
not recommend it for anything you cannot afford to loose.

I have also tried it and found that it did not produce as good as
performance as I expected.

--
Harry
http://www.hjackson.org