Re: PostgreSQL performance question.

От Harry Jackson
Тема Re: PostgreSQL performance question.
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 12/15/05, Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au> wrote:
> PostgreSQL 8.1.1 should give you greater performance...

Indeed it has.

I am seeing a 25% increase in one particular select statement. This
increases to 32% with

set enable_bitmapscan to off;

I also ran a test script full of common SQL that the application runs.
I added some extra SQL to burst the cache a bit and I have managed to
get an average 14% increase.

I have not started tweaking things that much yet to take advantage of
the new parameters so I may yet see more of an increase but initial
indications are that the changes from 7.4.7 to 8.1.1 are significant.

The one thing that may be skewing these results is that this was
compiled and installed from source with

./configure CFLAGS='-O2' --with-openssl --enable-thread-safety

I am not sure what the default Debian binary for 7.4.7 is compiled
with so this may have had some affect.

--
Harry
http://www.hjackson.org