SATA RAID: Promise vs. 3ware

От: Ireneusz Pluta
Тема: SATA RAID: Promise vs. 3ware
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Vacuum full is slow  (Ruben Rubio, )
 Re: Vacuum full is slow  (Heikki Linnakangas, )
  Re: Vacuum full is slow  (Ruben Rubio, )
   Re: Vacuum full is slow  ("Shoaib Mir", )
 SATA RAID: Promise vs. 3ware  (Ireneusz Pluta, )
  Re: SATA RAID: Promise vs. 3ware  ("Merlin Moncure", )
   Re: SATA RAID: Promise vs. 3ware  (Magnus Hagander, )
  Re: SATA RAID: Promise vs. 3ware  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
  Re: SATA RAID: Promise vs. 3ware  (Dave Cramer, )
 Re: SATA RAID: Promise vs. 3ware  (Dave Cramer, )
  Re: SATA RAID: Promise vs. 3ware  (Ron, )
 Re: Vacuum full is slow  (Scott Marlowe, )

Hello all,

I sent a similar post to a FreeBSD group, but thought I'd might try here too.

I am completing a box for PostgreSQL server on FreeBSD. Selecting a RAID controller I decided to go
with 3ware SE9650-16, following good opinions about 3ware controllers found on FreeBSD and
PostgreSQL groups.

However my dealer suggest me not to go with 3ware, and take Promise SuperTrak EX16350, instead. This
suggestion does not have any technical background and it comes generally from the fact of limited
availability of 16x 3ware controllers on the local market and immediate availability of Promise.

Is this technically a good idea to take Promise instead of 3ware or rather I definitely should
insist on 3ware and wait for it?

Thank you

Ireneusz Pluta