Re: Issue with copying data from a text file.

От Paul Lambert
Тема Re: Issue with copying data from a text file.
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Phillip Smith wrote:
> Can you not export the source file with escape characters? ie,
>
> ^17\" Alloy Wheels^
>
> ~p

The source file comes from extracts on our main application which sits
inside an in-house pretending-to-be-a-dbms file system. The content of
these extracts would be difficult to change - the extract program would
need to parse the data looking for quotes and preceed them with the
necessary escape character.

Not being a proper database dump it's not a simple matter of flicking a
switch to get it to include the escape character. The way the extracts
are written would require a few dozen lines of code to each extract, and
theres about 40ish extracts.

Plus I don't maintain that side of our code, and those that do can be a
bit lazy and I'd likely be waiting months to get it done - if they even
decide to do it.

--
Paul Lambert
Database Administrator

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Issue with copying data from a text file.
Сообщение: Re: Issue with copying data from a text file.