Default "maximum rows to retrieve" setting

От Andy Shellam
Тема Default "maximum rows to retrieve" setting
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi,

In the Preferences options, there's an option on the Query tab that says
"Maximum rows to retrieve."  This is currently set to 100, but I can't
see how/where it takes effect.

I have a table that's growing an average of 250 rows a day (currently at
1098 rows.)  If I select the table, and use the toolbar button "view
data in selected object", it retrieves all rows, with the limit
drop-down set to "No Limit."

If I open the query editor, and type "SELECT * FROM large_table;" that
retrieves all rows as well.  I have to manually key "LIMIT 1000" in the
query, or change the drop-down in the view data dialogue (after all data
has been downloaded.)

Ideally what I'd like is to set the default rows to retrieve to 1000, so
it downloads the first 1000 rows when I open the table, and then I can
choose to retrieve others if I need to.

Thanks

Andy.