Re: PostgreSQL in virtual machine

От Cosimo Streppone
Тема Re: PostgreSQL in virtual machine
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Andreas Tille wrote:

> Are there any experiences
> about reasonable performance increasing strategies? Are there any
> special things to regard in a VM?

Not directly about Postgresql, but I'm seeing evidence that upgrading
from vmware 2.5.3 to 3.0.1 seems to have solved disk access
performance issues (measured with simple dd runs).

With vmware 2.5.3 + RedHat Enterprise 4.0 I measured a sequential
read performance on 1-2 Gb files of less than 10 Mbytes/sec on a
IBM FastT600 SAN volume partition.

After the upgrade to 3.0 I had feedback from sysadmins that issue
was solved, but I didn't have the opportunity to repeat the read
tests yet.

--
Cosimo