Re: My honours project - databases using dynamically attached entity-properties

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: My honours project - databases using dynamically attached entity-properties
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Gregory Stark wrote:
> "Richard Huxton" <dev@archonet.com> writes:
>
>> Well the cost depends on where/how complex the extra fields are. If you're just
>> talking about adding columns usercol01..NN with different types and possibly a
>> lookup to a single client_attributes table, it's not difficult.
>
> And then what? dynamically construct all your SQL queries?
> Sure, sounds like a simple solution to me...

No different to dynamically constructing a query for a report. Simpler,
since in my experience most of these user-defined fields are just slots
for extra codes/tags/notes rather than something you'd join on.

--   Richard Huxton  Archonet Ltd