Re: Successful booth at Chemnitz (Germany)

От Susanne Ebrecht
Тема Re: Successful booth at Chemnitz (Germany)
Дата
Re: Successful booth at Chemnitz (Germany)
Список pgsql-advocacy
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:
> We had a lot of visitors (from companies and private visitors) and many
> good questions. In contrast to Brussels every third question was about
> the difference to Mysql, after this, the difference to Oracle. Other

uiii, difference to oracle is interresting. That shows,  that  oracle
user are interrested in postgresql.
> topics are replication (master/master, master/slave), having PG running
> on Windows, what new features the next version will bring and many
> questions for documents about optimization and parameter tuning. The
> German Usergroup will create some flyers for the most asked topics,
> maybe we can create them together and just translate them for all
> countries.

That is normal. No questions to gis, gist, partitioning and such a
stuff? I'll hope you have shown my article about optimization :)
> But beside this questions many visitors told us that they are already
> using PostgreSQL and that they are happy using it.

That is great.
> A word about the merchandising: we only had white shirts, but was asked
> some more times about the black ones and the shirts with the big
> elephant on it. And of course, the 5 blue plush elephants we had are
> gone after a very short time.

Before the next booth, we can try to get new black shirts. Maybe in
english not in german. Of course I still have the design on my computer.
The white T-Shirts with the big elephant are very expansive. That's why
we made own T-Shirts last year. The black once sold out very early.

regards

Susanne

От: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Сообщение: Successful booth at Chemnitz (Germany)
От: Andreas Kretschmer
Сообщение: Re: Successful booth at Chemnitz (Germany)