Re: ODBC problem with Microsoft Word and Excel

От David Gardner
Тема Re: ODBC problem with Microsoft Word and Excel
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
I remember having problems with this. What I did was to move my query to
a pqsql function, and then pass Word the ODBC DSN with a SQL query of
"SELECT * FROM mypgfunction(parameter)". I also ran into a problem where
Word would see the column names correctly, and the row count would be
correct, but all the data fields were blank, I switched to using the
ANSI driver and that resolved it. Take a look at the following VBA code
snipet:

   Dim oWord As Word.Application
   Dim oDoc As Word.Document
   Dim oMM As Word.mailmerge

   'Start Word
   Set oWord = CreateObject("Word.Application")
   oWord.Visible = True

   ' create new document
       Set oMM = oWord.Documents.Add.mailmerge
   End If

   oMM.MainDocumentType = wdFormLetters
   oMM.OpenDataSource Name:="", Connection:="DSN=DSNName",
SQLStatement:="SELECT * FROM mypgfunction(stuff)"

   oMM.ShowWizard 1
   oMM.EditMainDocument