Re: Driver seems to hang fetching data

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема Re: Driver seems to hang fetching data
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Patrick Hatcher wrote:
> Sorry.  I didn't realize there was a setting besides the Global one.  Here
> you go:
> (See attached file: psqlodbc_5360.log)

Thanks.

AFAIC the merits to use DECLARE/FETCH mode are
1. You can suppress the memory consumption at some level.
2. you can get first rows fast in some cases.

Looking at the log you sent me, probably the query in question is
declare "SQL_CUR02D9FB78" cursor for select amc_Week_id,
lpad(zl_divn_nbr::text,2,0) as zl_divn_nbr,
 lpad(dept::text,4,0) as dept, .............
As for the merit 1), though the query returns 156673 records , you can
get them successfully even when
 your machine has pretty small size of memory.

As for the merit 2),  you don't get first rows first for the query
unfortunately.
According to the Commlog
  declare "SQL_ ...               0.282sec
  fetch the 1st 1000 rows  431.453sec
  fetch the rest of the rows   29.89sec

Total throughput 461.625sec may be longer than that of the same query
without
using DECLARE/FETCH mode.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue