Re: More Slony questions

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: More Slony questions
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Dave Page wrote:

> Ah, congratulations - you've now used pgAdmin's Slony support more than
> I have :-p

That's *really* reassuring! :-P

> No, it doesn't. pgInstaller would have done it when you installed
> PostgreSQL + Slony.

OK, so having created the cluster, nodes and subscriptions in pgAdmin,
do I now go and run the "slon -addengine" commands for each node in the
cluster? And if so, should this be done *before* I add the subscription(s)?

I should add that I've tried this already, and though Slony seems to be
running and adding messages to the event log, nothing seems to be
getting replicated! I'll mess around with it a bit more later on today.

I'm looking at all this because I've to write a manual for a small
installation I set up recently, and while it'll almost certainly be me
who maintains it for the foreseeable future I have to allow for others -
mostly non-technical - looking after it also. I'm a relative newcomer to
Slony and have been using slonik, but I thought pgAdmin might offer an
easier route for others.

Thanks for all the help,

Ray.

rod@iol.ie