Re: increasing database connections

От: Mark Kirkwood
Тема: Re: increasing database connections
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

increasing database connections  (Shiva Sarna, )
 Re: increasing database connections  ("Jonah H. Harris", )
  Re: increasing database connections  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
   Re: increasing database connections  (Mark Kirkwood, )
    Re: increasing database connections  (Florian Weimer, )
   Re: increasing database connections  (Ron, )
  Re: increasing database connections  (Magnus Hagander, )

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Jonah H. Harris wrote:
>> On 3/1/07, Shiva Sarna <> wrote:
>>> I am sorry if it is a repeat question but I want to know if database
>>> performance will decrease if I increase the max-connections to 2000. At
>>> present it is 100.
>> Most certainly.  Adding connections over 200 will degrade performance
>> dramatically.  You should look into pgpool or connection pooling from
>> the application.
>
> huh? That is certainly not my experience. I have systems that show no
> depreciable performance hit on even 1000+ connections. To be fair to the
> discussion, these are on systems with 4+ cores. Usually 8+ and
> significant ram 16/32 gig fo ram.

Yeah - I thought that somewhere closer to 10000 connections is where you
get hit with socket management related performance issues.

Cheers

Mark