Re: low memory usage reported by 'top' indicates poor tuning?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: low memory usage reported by 'top' indicates poor tuning?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Mark Stosberg wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to make sense of the memory usage reported by 'top', compared
> to what "pg_database_size" shows.   Here's one result:'

You are missing the most important parts of the equation:

1. What version of PostgreSQL.
2. What operating system -- scratch , I see freebsd
3. How big is your pg_dump in comparison to the pg_database_size()
4. What type of raid do you have?
5. What is your work_mem set to?
6. What about effective_cache_size?
7. Do you analyze? How often?