Re: postgresql vs mysql

От Ron Johnson
Тема Re: postgresql vs mysql
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On 02/20/07 23:59, Adam Rich wrote:
> I'm not apologizing for their past mistakes.. But the issue
> you cite is no longer true:
>
> "As of 5.0.2, the server requires that month and day values
> be legal, and not merely in the range 1 to 12 and 1 to 31,
> respectively."

Only if you set sql modes STRICT_TRANS_TABLES and STRICT_ALL_TABLES
(which *still* allow bogus dates like 2007-02-00!!) or TRADITIONAL.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/server-sql-mode.html

It's (finally) a step in the right direction, but is really only a
"pretty please", since SQL modes are session-time changeable.