Re: clarififcation

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: clarififcation
Дата
Список pgsql-general
gayathri jayapal wrote:
> Hai,
>
> I started working on postgresql, I want to know how to write the "
> connect by" clause of oracle. My problem is i have a table with id,
> parent id. In same table i will insert the record with parent id as
> previous row id. I want fetch the records in the hierarchy. how do i
> do it.

If you installed from source, look in .../contrib/tablefunc/ for an
installable connectby() function. If you installed by package, there is
usually one or more additional packages containing the contrib stuff.

> Pls help me. I want to get in touch with developers and then i need
> to try multi master replication also.

There are no pre-packaged multi-master replication solutions at the
moment. The first thing you'll have to do in building such a solution is
decide on how you want to deal with conflicting updates.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd