Re: Installing on weendoze vista.

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Installing on weendoze vista.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Paul Lambert wrote:
> Has anyone had any success installing on weendoze vista?
>
> Any install I try gets as far as the service user details, if I ask it
> to create a user it fails, if I specify an existing user account it
> complains about the user not having enough access - even when said user
> account is put into the administrator group.
>
> I'm assuming PG hasn't been certified under vista yet? If this is
> correct, is there any plan to do so? Has anyone tried it under server
> longhorn?

Yes, it is planned, but will take some major overhauling of the
installer. I haven't tried Longhorn, but I imagine it'll have the same
PITA excuses for security as Vista does.

In the meantime, you can temporarily disable UAC (User Account Control)
to install PostgreSQL. Once installed, it can be re-enabled. There's an
option in the Users control panel applet to do this iirc.

Regards, Dave.