Re: Seeking quick way to clone a row, but give it a new pk.

От Bryce Nesbitt
Тема Re: Seeking quick way to clone a row, but give it a new pk.
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
I have a table that describes some properties.  It is logically
equivalent to:
   pk      userid   favorite_color  time_zone  count   122    100     red                   Pacific        7   145
101    blue                  Eastern      7

For various reasons I need to manually add a few rows to this table.
Manually copying one users row, then editing it, would be easier than
starting from scratch.

Hiltibidal, Robert wrote:
> What are you trying to accomplish?
>
> The more normalized a database is the faster it operates, the more
> efficient it will be. What you are describing creates a lot of in
> efficiencies within a database.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: