Re: \copy (query) delimiter syntax error

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: \copy (query) delimiter syntax error
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
>>
>>> The consequence will be, though, that psql will accept a syntax for
>>> "\copy (query) ..." that the corresponding backend command would
>>> reject were we not transforming it. That strikes me as potentially
>>> confusing.
>>>

>> Perhaps.  What about plan B: remove the legacy syntax support in \copy?
>> IIRC it has not been documented since 7.2, so maybe we can finally throw
>> it overboard.  Thoughts?
>>

> I like it for 8.3 - but  maybe my present patch would be better for
> 8.2, as it involves less behaviour change.

While we decide this issue, which can be worked around in any case, I am
going to commit the part of the patch that nobody has objected to (and
which will fix Michael's original complaint), on HEAD and 8.2 stable, so
we can get some testing going.

cheers

andrew