Re: Please correct the psqlodbc-08_01_0200 version

От Andreas
Тема Re: Please correct the psqlodbc-08_01_0200 version
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hiroshi Inoue schrieb:
> Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha wrote:
>> In Options > Datasource > Miscellanous there is an option called "Max
>> Varchar" that is allways in 254. Please put the max Varchar to 255 and
>> build the next version of the driver PLEASE !
>
> What problem do you have with the MaxVarchar set to 254 ?
Maybe because MS-Access has it at 255 ?
So one has to set it to 255 in the DNS or worse in every connection
string if one uses dns-less connections and the application depends on
255 somewhere.

Since a bigger maxvarchar wouldn't actually hurt postgresql, upping it
by 1 should be ok.
It would eliminate one step I too have to do whenever I set up a DNS.

regards Andreas