Re: PG Email Client

От Tom Allison
Тема Re: PG Email Client
Дата
Re: PG Email Client  (Jim Rosenberg <jr@amanue.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Tino Wildenhain wrote:
> Sim Zacks schrieb:
>> Are there any postgresql based email clients that anyone has
>> experience with?

> Well "client" would be the wrong approach imho, but there
> is for example dbmail which can use postgres as storage
> for mail and opens a lot of the usecases above. You would
> continue to use your MUA for reading mail but some of the
> mails could be handled by your application directly.

I'll second the dbmail application.  It's POP or IMAP server based.
But it does what you are looking for.

I used to use dovecot, which is extremely fast.
But, if you gave it too much to do it would hang for hours chewing up the hard
drive and generating heat.

dbmail isn't as fast as dovecot for a single user, single event.  But not by
much.  However, it scales *much* better into the 100's and 1000's of actions.