Re: Loop plpgsql recordset

От Alban Hertroys
Тема Re: Loop plpgsql recordset
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Furesz Peter wrote:
>         FOR v_tmp IN v_tmp_regi LOOP
>             --I would like to work here with the old recordset!
>         END LOOP;
>         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>        -- This is not working !!!

How do you expect to loop one record?

In a recent thread (with a remarkably similar question - maybe you asked
this before?) it was suggested to move the SELECT statement to where the
RECORD type variable is. FOR .. IN .. expects a query.

Maybe a result set would work, but a RECORD type variable is *not* a
result set. Or a query, for that matter.

Fixing this is still not going to work for anything but the first result
though, as you delete the entire table constents right after it.

Maybe you should start by explaining what your function is supposed to do?

For lack of that, I think you meant this:

    DECLARE
        v_tmp_regi RECORD;
    BEGIN
      FOR v_tmp_regi IN SELECT * FROM sulyozas_futamido sf WHERE
sf.termekfajta_id=
      a_termekfajta_id AND sf.marka_id=a_marka_id;

        -- Work here with the old recordset
      END LOOP;

      DELETE FROM sulyozas_futamido;
    END;