Re: Limit on number of users in postgresql?

От Furface
Тема Re: Limit on number of users in postgresql?
Дата
Re: Limit on number of users in postgresql?  ("Jeremy Haile" <jhaile@fastmail.fm>)
Список pgsql-general
Thanks Tom.  You know I thought about this approach a little more.  I
don't think there's a simple answer to this security problem short of
placing a proxy server application between the clients and the
database.  The problem with giving database role accounts to each and
every user is that the users now have uncontrolled access to the
database.  That's not good either because I want to do fine grained
access control within my application.

The more I think about it, the more I think a proxy app is necessary.
It seems like a lot of work just for security issues, but basically most
web based database apps use this model, with the web application acting
as a proxy between the database and the client.

Thanks.