Modifying and solidifying contrib

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Modifying and solidifying contrib
Дата
Re: Modifying and solidifying contrib  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
Re: Modifying and solidifying contrib  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Re: Modifying and solidifying contrib  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

With all the recent discussion on contrib modules etc.. I would like to
offer the following suggestion. I am willing to do a good portion of the
work myself and I can get it done before feature freeze. I will need
help with the global make file stuff however so that is one dependency.

Add directory /modules
Modules are compiled and installed by default but not enabled.
Modules in 8.3 currently are:  pgrowlocks  pg_freespacemap (to be renameed pgfreespacemap to be consistent)
pgstattuple pgcrypto  xml2  pgbuffercache  initagg

Requirements for /modules  Must go through normal vetting process on -hackers  Must include patches to core
documentationin Docbook  Must include test cases? I don't recall if we have regress for all  contrib stuff.

Keep directory contrib
Contrib is not compiled or installed by default
Contrib in 8.3 would be:  start-scripts  pgbench (which I think really should be a foundry project)  vacuumlo (is this
evenrequired anymore?)  adminpack  btree_gist     etc...

Requirements for /contrib  Must go through normal vetting process on -hackers  Must includes README  Must include test
cases?Same questions for modules

Thoughts, flames?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake