Re: [Fwd: [PORTS] M$ SQL server DTS package equivalent

От Paul Lambert
Тема Re: [Fwd: [PORTS] M$ SQL server DTS package equivalent
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks all for your tips and pointers.

Looking at copy I think it may do just what I need. The tables I load
the data into have the same columns in the same order as those in the
CSV file. Loading data in this manner is going to be a rare occurance -
just when we install a new customer site and need to do an initial
transfer of data from the main system before we switch on my real-time
replication program. The programs that extract these csv files already
take care of duplicate key checking and so forth, so there shouldn't be
any issues as far as data integrity checking goes. I.e. there's no
actual data transformation, row merging and the like.

Thanks again to everyone who's offered some advice, much appreciated.

Regards,
Paul.