Re: Proposal: Commit timestamp

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: Proposal: Commit timestamp
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/25/2007 8:42 PM, Richard Troy wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Jan 2007, Jan Wieck wrote:
>>
>> For a future multimaster replication system, I will need a couple of
>> features in the PostgreSQL server itself. I will submit separate
>> proposals per feature so that discussions can be kept focused on one
>> feature per thread.
>
> Hmm... "will need" ... Have you prototyped this system yet? ISTM you can
> prototype your proposal using "external" components so you can work out
> the kinks first.

These details are pretty drilled down and are needed with the described
functionality. And I will not make the same mistake as with Slony-I
again and develop things, that require backend support, as totally
external (look at the catalog corruption mess I created there and you
know what I'm talking about).

Jan