Re: Proposal: allow installation of any contrib module

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Proposal: allow installation of any contrib module
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I don't think two releases from API change to API change is enough -
> postgresql is running larger and larger databases by now and I expect
> people to upgrade less often in the future (and iirc you already said
> something along the lines of recommending such things on occasion to
> your customers too).
> So if you have things in core you really have to provide a stable API
> over a number of releases or in practise - years.

Two releases is approximately 3 years. With the exception of 8.3.

Joshua D. Drake

Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997            http://www.commandprompt.com/

От: Teodor Sigaev
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: allow installation of any contrib module
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: allow installation of any contrib module