Re: Proposal: allow installation of any contrib module

От Teodor Sigaev
Тема Re: Proposal: allow installation of any contrib module
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Why is ltree still in contrib? What prevents it from being in core?
Nothing. But I don't see any advantage of placing it in core - it changes
nothing in SQL, API or feature. Moving tsearch2 into core allows to manage
configuration with nice SQL API, using SysCache, automatical rereading
dictionaries files etc.

IMHO, common problem for hstore/ltree/tsearch2 is a problem with public
namespace is dump/restore. Users usually dump the whole db and restore it in new
version. Even we make new version of contrib module with the same function, new
function/feature will not be accessible.

  WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/

От: Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: allow installation of any contrib module
От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: allow installation of any contrib module