Re: Proposal: allow installation of any contrib module

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Proposal: allow installation of any contrib module
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
>> Oleg Bartunov wrote:
>>> we have several requests to improve ltree, particularly, people want
>>> to expand class of allowed symbols and configurable separator, which is
>>> hard-coded right now. Also, we discussed GiN support for ltree.
>
>> O.k. but how does that prevent it from being in core?
>
> Once it's in core the expectations for API stability get a lot higher ...

True but any API can be backward compatible for say a release while
offering the new functionality as well. I fully understand stability in
core. I certainly don't want any level of instability, even if just
syntactic.

Maybe there isn't a good answer.

Joshua D. Drake

>             regards, tom lane

>        match

Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997            http://www.commandprompt.com/

Сообщение: Re: Proposal: allow installation of any contrib module
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: allow installation of any contrib module