Re: crash on 8.2 and cvshead - failed to add item to the

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: crash on 8.2 and cvshead - failed to add item to the
Дата
Re: crash on 8.2 and cvshead - failed to add item to the  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Joe Conway wrote:
> We just came upon a crash bug in Postgres >= 8.2. The attached
> standalone script (just needs a database with plpgsql installed)
> reproduces the crash for me on 32-bit machines (i686) but NOT on 64 bit
> machines (x86_64), for Postgres 8.2 and cvs-head, but not on 8.1. We've
> verified this on about four 32 bit machines, and four 64 bit machines
> (including one each under vmware on the same host). All machines were
> some flavor of Red Hat, Fedora, or Gentoo.

Hmm. There seems to be something wrong in the free space calculation in
the algorithm for choosing the right split location. I'll dig deeper,
unless someone beats me to it..