Re: how to read bytea field

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: how to read bytea field
Дата
Список pgsql-general
marcelo Cortez wrote:
>> Are you sure you tested with a real bytea field?
>
>  Yeah , i  store bytea using encode function , how you
> say .

No, you store using the decode function.

=> \df decode
                       List of functions
    Schema   |  Name  | Result data type | Argument data types
------------+--------+------------------+---------------------
  pg_catalog | decode | bytea            | text, text

>  The field of my table is bytea type , and store real
> bytea data in this field.
>  My problem is , i can't convert this field to text
> anymore, not function receiving bytea and return text
> exist's.

That's what your encode function should do.

=> \df encode
                       List of functions
    Schema   |  Name  | Result data type | Argument data types
  pg_catalog | encode | text             | bytea, text
(1 row)

What does "\df encode" show for you?
--
   Richard Huxton