Re: linked tables in MS Access

От Arnaud Lesauvage
Тема Re: linked tables in MS Access
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Philippe Lang a écrit :
> I'm using MS Access, ODBC and Postgresql in several places, with big tables as well, and I don't have any performance
problem.
> I have always been using the default driver parameters, and it always worked for me. But maybe you should play with
thata little bit. And I think a few performance tuning tips have been discussed in this list in the past.

I also use Access as a FrontEnd to PostgreSQL (we are migrating the backend).
The main problem is that all queries have to be written in PostgreSQL.
When joining linked tables in Access, performance is terrible ! I think I understand why, but some of my power-users
wouldlike to be able to create queries in Access and have no knowledge of SQL (so creating them in PostgreSQL is not an
option).

> One thing you have to check, is wether you are using the MS Access 2000 format, under MS Access 2003. There is huge
performanceloss in this configuration. Convert your database into the 2003 format, and problems will disappear.

Good to know !
I might give MSAccess2003 a try then !

--
Arnaud

От: "Philippe Lang"
Сообщение: Re: linked tables in MS Access
От: Jiří Nouza
Сообщение: Re: [ODBC] linked tables in MS Access