Re: Installing Postegres side-by-side with M$ SQL server]]

От Paul Lambert
Тема Re: Installing Postegres side-by-side with M$ SQL server]]
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ron Johnson wrote:

Probably wouldn't - as I said we use a mix of binary, rms (some
indexed, some not) and text files - so an
odbc driver into RMS files would only give us a portion of the
database. A lot of what I replicate to SQL
server at the moment comes from flat binary files and a couple of the
tables from text files, the rest from
RMS files. Having this mix of types would mean we need to manage things
ourselves, thus having our main
in-house faux-database engine forward messages directly to the Weendoze
box which then uses ODBC to
pump the data into the database of my choice. It would make things a
lot easier to manage if I could forward
it to an ODBC database on the VMS machine - oracle is just way out of
our reach though.

Thanks for the suggestion though, that may come in handy down the track
for another project I'm looking at.

P.
--
Paul Lambert