Re: Help : Microsoft SQL Server equivalents in

От Tino Wildenhain
Тема Re: Help : Microsoft SQL Server equivalents in
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bruce Momjian schrieb:
> Sorry, I know of no way to get a status bar that shows how far the an
> INSERT or COPY has progressed.  People have asked for it, but no one has
> any idea how to implement it.

Well but thats aparently not the case here anyway. Fileupload is
something different from looking how far a single insert proceeds.
using lo and just counting the write chunks should at least work.
When using bytea or text, he could probably use a function to
send parts of the big string at a time where the function just
concenates whats in the field + whats sent in the chunk.
Probably not the performantest approach but should work.