Re: help me to solve the problem

От Chris
Тема Re: help me to solve the problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thobiyas wrote:
> Dear /Sir
>
> I am Attmepting  follwoing this problem
> if I Create Database or retore database
> i am facing  following this  problem
>

> psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
>         Is the server running locally and accepting
>         connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
> createdb: database creation failed

Postgresql isn't running on the server.

You need to start it before you can restore a database.

If you need info about how to do that,
- What operating system are you running?
- How did you install it (package like rpm or deb, or from source) ?

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/